I haven't blogged lately, mostly because nothing very exciting has gone on.
Some of you have been curious about my diet and weight loss. I just finished week 2 of my HCG drops diet and am feeling GREAT! So far I have lost 13.8 lbs in just 14 days! It sure has been an amazing journey, not super fun, but not horrible. The worst part of this part of the diet is the lack of variety in what I can eat. Here is a normal day for me:
Breakfast-coffee with 1 tablespoon of whole milk and 2 Stevia sweeteners
Lunch-4 oz. steak and a handful of veggies (either broccoli, cucumber, or asparagus)
Snack-apple (at school and only sometimes)
Snack-Melba toast (at home)
Dinner-4 oz. steak and a handful of veggies (either broccoli, cucumber, or asparagus)
I generally only drink water, but I sometimes get an iced tea from McDonalds since a large is only $1.06 =]
I have had 2 cheat days. This week was a very slow drop in weight (relative to last week) and many people that are on or have done this diet suggest a cheat day if you plateau in your weight loss. So on Friday my mom took me out to Baja Fresh and I had steak fajitas. It was SO good, I had tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, and chips.. mmmmm It did help restart my weight loss. Then today we had people over for lunch and they were all having Jimmy John's-so naturally I had one too. I'm hoping it'll give me a great start to my last week of taking the HCG drops.
I am 10.6 lbs away from my spring break goal (6 weeks away) so if I lose half a lb a day, which is less than what I am averaging now, I should get there! I'm really hoping I can reach this goal, as it is only half way to my full goal at the end of the summer!
On to something else....
Friends.
It is so hard as a married woman that doesn't go out to bars, clubs, or girls night to find and keep friendships. This is something that is really getting to me right now. I've been pretty bored lately on the weekends and week nights and would LOVE to hang out with people, but it just doesn't seem to work out.
I'm not writing this to make anyone feel guilty or feel bad for me because I don't want that. I'm simply stating my frustrations with my current situation.
Why is it so hard to find women around my age in a similar place in their lives in such a 'nice' community (nice as in generally nice and kind people)? I don't have an answer and I don't expect anyone to give me an answer-again just venting.
Well, I need to get back to finishing my valentine's for my precious students. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love and appreciation!
No comments:
Post a Comment