Friday, February 4, 2011

My week

WOW-what a week.

First off-I started my diet, no-I started my new lifestyle. I have done amazing, I'm so proud of myself. I have not cheated once and have lost weight! (I'm waiting until the week mark to publish what I've lost so far). I don't think I have ever been this successful and this determined to be healthy. My goal is to lose 40 lbs by my birthday-July 27, I think it is TOTALLY do-able!! Phil is even losing weight! He isn't doing exactly what I'm doing, not nearly as strict, but he is doing a great job!
The first day SUCKED-big time. I was so hungry, my stomach hurt; it was BAD. But, the next morning, the scale gave me inspiration to keep going. I haven't been hungry the rest of the week, and have actually had to force myself to finish my meals. I'm so excited to see how much weight I lose at the end of this 'diet' and then continue to lose and then maintain my ideal weight.

Unfortunately, my mentor teacher's father was sick in the hospital at the beginning of this week and passed away on Tuesday evening. She has been out of town the entire week so I have had the privilege of subbing and running the class. Luckily, I already make all the lesson plans and teach all day so the only thing that was really different was that my mentor wasn't physically there.
It was a good week! We had some issues, but there will always be SOMETHING that's not perfect. I'm so grateful for the experience of 'having my own classroom' I only wish it was under different circumstances. We aren't sure when my mentor will be back at school, it could be the middle of next week or the following week. So I will be subbing and on my own for at least part of next week-good for experience AND for my wallet!

The worst part of the week is that I have barely seen Phil. He has had mostly night shifts at work- so I get home from school, see him for about an hour (maybe) and then he heads out to work. He is at an UnderOath concert tonight-his favorite band-with his best friend. I'm glad he's able to do things with his friend!

I will fill you in with my exact weight loss on Sunday! Have a great weekend!!

No comments: